The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
Your mission in the context of this position are:
- Undertake a research programme in the framework of the IRT Nanoelec project and of an Innovation Led Long Term Proposal (iLTP) aimed at using short X-ray pulses for the evaluation of the radiation hardness performances of electronic components.
- Participate in the experimental programme (data acquisition and data analysis) defined together with the project partners (a team of academic and industrial organisations, among the most active in the domain of nano and micro-electronics in Europe).
- Contribute to the ID09 beamline operation programme and provide support to the ID09 beamline users.
Your main tasks in the context of this mission are:
- Carry out research project(s) at the forefront of world science in coordination with the ID09 beamline staff and/or with the industrial partners of the iLTP project.
- Support data acquisition activities and data analysis connected with the scientific programme of the iLTP project.
- Prepare scientific papers for publication.
- Promote and represent the IRT Nanoelec research through participation in conferences, workshops and other events.
- Run the scientific programme associated with the industrial partners with respect to all accesses in the domain of irradiation of electronic components
- Participate in IRT Nanoelec project tasks such as working groups, meetings, summer school organisation, general assemblies.
- D. in Solid State Physics, Nanoscience or Nanoelectronics, Photonics, Nuclear Physics, Materials science or Microelectronics.
- Experience in synchrotron radiation (X-rays) and/or ionising radiation would be an asset.
- Management of scientific projects including planning and performing experiments as well as publishing of the results
- Strong sense of responsibility for scientific quality of experiments both external users and in-house, including the most efficient use of beamline equipment
- Ability to work in a team.
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Contract of 18 months, renewable for a further 6 to 18-month period.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).Läs mer
|Titel||Postdoc IRT NanoElec ID09|
|Employer||European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)|
|Job location||71 avenue des Martyrs, 38000 Grenoble|
|Publicerad||april 6, 2021|
|Ämnen||Optik,   Nanoteknik,   Materialfysik,   Kärnfysik,   Solid-state Physics,   Elektronik,   Fotonik  |