The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
The Detector Unit provides consulting, support and development capabilities in the area of X-ray detectors for the ESRF beamlines. In a team of scientists, engineers and technicians, you will participate in the domain of X-ray detection R&D, and will work in close collaboration with other research laboratories, academic and industrial partners at an international level.
Your missions include:
- Validation of new pixelated semiconductor sensors (Si, CZT, GaAs) and related technologies such as interconnection
- Implementation of adapted characterization and data analysis
- Evaluation of new sensors using synchrotron beam and other conventional X-ray sources
- Investigation and quantification of the operating limitation of the sensors
- Participation in sensor procurement and in their integration in hybrid pixel detectors.
- PhD in Physics, Electronics, or closely related science obtained less than 3 years ago
- A strong background in solid state detectors and imaging systems
- Interest in instrumentation, experimentation and data analysis
- Some experience with X-ray detection and associated instrumentation (X-ray generators and radioactive source) is also highly desirable
- Good interpersonal skills are essential to integrate into a multidisciplinary and international research team
- Good time management skills, with methodical and organised approach to work and strong sense of initiative
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
Contract of 18 months, renewable for a further 6 to 18-month period.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The annual gross salary may be completed by additional allowances (shift allowance, standby allowance, expatriation allowance, etc.).Läs mer
|Titel||PostDoc - pixelated semiconductor sensors|
|Employer||European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF)|
|Job location||71 avenue des Martyrs, 38000 Grenoble|
|Publicerad||mars 19, 2021|
|Ämnen||Elektromagnetism,   Teknisk fysik,   Solid-state Physics,   Elektroteknik,   Elektronik  |