Last application date Sep 16, 2019 18:02
Department EB21 - Department of Economics
Employment category Research staff group 1
Contract Limited duration
Degree Master of Science in (Business) Economics, Master of Science in Business Administration, Master of Science in Business Engineering or equivalent
Occupancy rate 100%
Vacancy Type Research staff
We are seeking a highly motivated full‐time PhD student for a project on short run and long run determinants of environmental preferences and environmentally related behaviour, with a duration of 4 years at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of Ghent University. Supervisor of the PhD will be Prof. dr. Bart Defloor. The first aim of this research project is to set up a framework for analysing (individual) decision making with consequences for CO2 emissions and climate change. Some of these decisions (investment decisions such as housing) have consequences for many years, while others (consumption decisions, such as dietary choices) might change in the short run. The second aim is to construct a longitudinal dataset containing information on preferences and behaviour. The third aim of this research project is to analyse the determinants of environmental preferences based on existing international datasets. An important overarching goal is to provide advice to policymakers on climate policy.
- A strong motivation to perform scientific research and to obtain a PhD based on scientific papers as result of the research project (this includes following a doctoral training program).
- An interest in / background in sustainable development, microeconomics, econometrics, public economics and environmental economics.
- Focus and perseverance, and a positive attitude towards criticism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Good project planning skills and the ability to work independently on this project.
- Very good to excellent English language skills (spoken and written).
Applications must contain the following documents in English:
(1) a personal motivation letter;
(2) a CV;
(3) (for applicants who did not graduate at the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at UGent) contact details of one referent (e.g. the supervisor of your master thesis).
Informal enquiries and applications must be addressed to email@example.com.
Interviews will take place at the end of September or October 2019.Läs mer
|Titel||Predoctoral researcher - Department of Economics|
|Job location||Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 33, 9000 Gent|
|Publicerad||augusti 13, 2019|
|Sista ansökningsdatum||september 16, 2019|
|Befattningar||Forskare,   Forskningsassistent  |
|Ämnen||Ekonometri,   Miljöekonomi,   Hälsoekonomi,   Industriell ekonomi,   Makroekonomi,   Marknadsföring,   Mikroekonomi,   Offentlig ekonomi,   Turismekonomi,    and 41 more. Organisationsekonomi,   Human Resource Management,   Ekonomisk sociologi,   Supply Chain Management,   Verksamhetsstyrning,   Transportekonomi,   Internationellt och komparativt arbete,   Riskhantering,   Produktionsutveckling,   Logistik,   Produktion,   Ekonomisk geografi,   Redovisning,   Projektledning,   Finansiell ekonomi,   Entreprenörskap,   Ekonomisk psykologi,   Ekonomisk historia,   Beteendeekonomi,   Affärsetik,   Dataekonomi,   Konsumentekonomi,   Utvecklingsekonomi,   Energiekonomi,   Spelteori,   Teori om människans utveckling,   Informationssystem,   Internationell ekonomi,   Arbetsmarknadsekonomi,   Matematisk ekonomi,   Finans,   Fastighetsekonomi,   Resursekonomi,   Socioekonomi,   Välfärdsekonomi,   Ledning,   Strategisk förvaltning,   Företagsekonomi,   Controlling,   Kostekonomi,   Corporate finance  |