Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) invites applications for IT Diploma Instructor positions for Fall 2018 semester start. For this appointment, we are looking for candidates to teach in IT and related areas.
Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is part of the Laureate International Universities network (www.laureate.net), the world’s leading higher education provider. Laureate’s with nearly 70 institutions educate over 1,000,000 students in 25 countries. LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia since 2009 with around 450+ employees and currently operates 9 vocational campuses in Riyadh, Jeddah, Makkah, Al-Kharj (South of Riyadh), Al-Madinah, Wadi Al-Dawaser, Al Nammas and Buraydah. These vocational colleges offer two and three-year technical training programs to Saudi students between the ages of 18-23, leading to vocational qualifications at a range of levels in a variety of subjects.
The IT Diploma Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching students various concepts of IT Technical Support including network design and development, server management and installation, networking business environment, network and server security, troubleshooting network and server problems, and general server maintenance and administration.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach classes with up to 25 students and for up to 25 hours of in class instruction per week.
- Maintain positive rapport with all students and create a positive learning environment to adequately communicate lessons.
- Enforce the student management and disciplinary policies of the Institute.
- Participate in Network Systems and Support curriculum development and planning with other IT Diploma Instructors and Curriculum Developers.
- Coordinate with other IT Diploma Instructors and Curriculum Developers to integrate curricula and monitor student progress.
- Perform clerical duties as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, and others.
- Teach IT Foundation when needed
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in computer science, computer engineering or IT related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Additional preference will be placed on candidates with Networking certificates (CCNA, Network+) or Systems certificates (MCSE / MSCA).
- Minimum 3 year of teaching experience in post-secondary, technical or vocational sector is required.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience in the IT industry in a public or private company.
- Non-native English speakers should present Academic IELTS 6.5 within three months of signing the offer.
- Computer literacy (interactive whiteboards, projectors, Microsoft Office Suite and trainee information systems).
- Very attractive salary + Benefits
- Subsidized educational development opportunities within the Laureate International Universities network towards a part-time master’s or Ph.D. Degree on selected on-line degree programs
Interested candidates can send their CV to email@example.com while mentioning Academic Positions in the subject line
For further information, please visit http://www.laureate.net and http://www.laureatevocational.sa/