The Medical University of Bialystok, Poland (MUB) would like to recruit Early-Stage Researchers interested in applying to International Interdisciplinary PhD studies in Biomedical Research and Biostatistics. MUB project entitled: "International Interdisciplinary PhD studies in Biomedical Research and Biostatistics. Supporting the career and training in omic-based research and biostatistics by inter-national and -sectoral mobility" (ImPRESS) was awarded a grant under Horizon 2020 Framework Programme, Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action COFUND and co-financed by Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education. MUB will launch International Interdisciplinary PhD Studies in Biomedical Research and Biostatistics aimed at early-stage aspiring scientists, who will conduct research on life-style diseases and on biostatistics and bioinformatics methods necessary to process and interpret data obtained in research projects.
The studies will provide an outstanding opportunity for in-depth education in high-throughput experimental and computational techniques used in genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and immunology. MUB will recruit 15 Early-Stage Researchers who will be involved in scientific projects supervised by distinguished researchers, outstanding scientists selected from partner organizations, with a profound expertise and experience in: Cancer/Mutagenesis, Cardiovascular Diseases, Population Medicine and Epidemiology, Diabetes/Obesity, Metabolic and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Regenerative Medicine, Molecular Biology, Genomics, Protein Analysis and Proteomics, Metabolomics/Lipidomics, Immunology. PhD students will be employed on a full-time basis for 4 years at the Medical University of Bialystok (2597 EUR total gross remuneration per month including tax and compulsory contributions such as social security). The development of doctoral students' research potential will also be based on internships, short research visits, conferences and trainings at the world-wide leading, excellent partner institutions: Heidelberg University, CEMBIO San Pablo University CEU, Vienna Biocenter, CNIC Spanish National Center for Cardiovascular Research, Bialystok University of Technology and CenStat at Hasselt University. Industry partner organizations: Agilent Technology, deCODE genetics, ideas4biology and Warsaw Genomics will invite PhD students for scientific visits, to familiarize PhD students with the tools and methods of work and organizational environment in the company. Industry providing their know-how will educate, and prepare their potential employees with high qualifications to get a job in the close future. Best Early-Stage Researchers from the beginning of their academic career will be able to gain scientific independence and will have huge motivation to become more involved and creative in the research projects.
The program is dedicated to Early-Stage Researchers from any country in the world who at the start date of recruitment (1 March 2018): - are in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree before, and: - have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland for more than 12 months in the past 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date, and: - have a title of medical doctor, master of science or equivalent in: medicine, pharmacy, laboratory medicine, biotechnology, and other fields closely related. A doctoral student will receive 31'164 EUR total gross remuneration per year (including tax and compulsory contributions such as social security). A PhD student will also have at least 3'564 EUR/year of travel allowance and 6'000 EUR/year of research fund at his/her disposal.
Call for applications will be open from 1 March to 31 May 2018.
The results will be announced at the end of July 2018. Employment and PhD studies will start 1 October 2018 and last for 4 years. The expected duration of the project is 5 years: 2018-2023.
More project information available at: https://www.umb.edu.pl/en/impress
FOR ALL ADMISSION ENQUIRES PLEASE USE: PhDrecruitmentH2020ImPress@umb.edu.pl
Benefits Best young scientists from the beginning of their academic career will be able to obtain quickly scientific independence and huge motivation to become more involved and creative in the research projects carried out thanks to substantial financial support. The researchers will get the remuneration in the amount 2597 EUR total gross monthly during the whole employment period at MUB (48 months). Such amount of money will guarantee ESRs decent conditions of life in Poland, and may help them to support their families, or settle down here. Moreover, PhD students will be provided with funds for research stays (3'564 EUR/year), and ESRs research projects will be funded by MUB (min. 6'000 EUR/year). Based on the actual life situation of ESRs, they will have a possibility to apply for social funds which may be dedicated also to their families.
1. The programme is dedicated to Early Stage Researchers from any country in the world who at the start date of recruitment (1 October 2018): are in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree before. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when they obtained the degree entitling them to embark on a doctorate, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged. Part-time research experience will be counted pro-rata, and: have not resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland for more than 12 months in the past 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date.
2. Candidates allowed to participate in the recruitment procedure are Polish or foreign citizens having: a title of medical doctor, master of science or equivalent granted by:
i) the Republic of Poland;
ii) other EU Member State than the Republic of Poland;
iii) other state than EU Member State in the following fields: medicine, pharmacy, laboratory medicine, biotechnology, and other fields closely related to the ones mentioned before, provided that the diploma related to such degree was recognized as equivalent in the Republic of Poland pertaining to separate legal provisions, and: full capacity to perform acts in law. Selection process A candidate has to complete the admission process via an online recruitment system.
All the required documents shall be submitted on-line in English, if originally they are in different language only sworn or certified translations are accepted.
The online recruitment will be open 1.03-31.05.2018.
1. a personal data form
2. a graduation diploma of 2nd level studies or equivalent studies in Poland or a legalised diploma or another document confirming graduation from university that pertaining to separate legal provisions is recognized as equivalent to the Polish diploma
3. a certificate with regard to grades from all subjects passed during studies and the average of such grades, issued by respective office; in the case of 2-level studies: a certificate with regard to grades during bachelor studies and certificate concerning grades during master studies
4. a photograph in compliance with requirements binding for issuance of identity documents
5. a statement on full capacity to perform acts in law
6. a declaration on selection of a thematic area
7. a cover letter containing a vision of candidate's scientific development and own assessment of useful skills and knowledge.
1. copies of scientific literature published or accepted for publication written or co-written by a candidate
2. copies of presentations (oral or poster) at scientific conferences (a candidate has to be the first author or a presenting person) with certificates from the committees of scientific conferences confirming that a candidate was a presenting author
3. a certificate concerning completed training/research work in a research/scientific centre abroad
4. a certificate on attended internship/course in English connected with the topic of the studies
5. (a) reference letter(s) (max. 3) on a candidate's experience so far in work with different research techniques.
The 2nd stage of recruitment is an interview in English in the end of June 2018 on the premises of MUB, in Bialystok, Poland (may be conducted remotely). The condition of a candidate qualifying for the 2nd stage of the recruitment procedure is obtaining a minimum 7 points at the 1st stage. The candidates will be informed in writing about the results of the 1st stage of the procedure within up to 7 days after the completion of application (after the Recruitment Commitee meeting).
The basis for admission to the studies is obtaining minimum 12 points at the 2nd stage (English language - min. 3 points, level of motivation and scientific potential - min. 6 points, and transferable skills - min. 3 points).
Announcement of the results of the procedure will take place in July 2018.Läs mer