The Faculty of Education and International Studies, the Department of Primary and Secondary Teacher Education, has a vacancy for a Professor in ICT, technology-enhanced learning or equivalent, with appointment from 01.08.20.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Take initiative to develop major new research projects and applications for external funding
• Initiate and develop research collaborations with national and international partners
• Carry out your own research and development
• Disseminate research results to academic communities, and to society in general
• Teach and supervise at Bachelor's, Master’s and PhD level, as well as in continuing and further education programmes
• Follow up students in practical training
• Contribute to the continued development of the academic community and the department’s study programmes
• Actively contribute to the development of a high-quality education
• Actively contribute to the development of the department, and OsloMet in general
• Have contact with the professional field
• Carry out academic-administrative tasks
• Qualifications as Professor in Technology-Enhanced Learning, professional digital competence and digitalisation of education
• Experience with research networks, and project management involving external funding
• Experience with academic management
• Fundamental competency in teaching and supervision at the university and college level, as well as documented:
- Quality development in own teaching and supervision over time
- Extensive experience with supervision, preferably at the master-/Ph.d.-Level
- Participation in the development of educational quality in professional communities
• The applicant must document relevant educational theory and practice for higher education. Applicants who are unable to document basic teaching qualifications on appointment, must acquire these qualifications within two years. OsloMet offers a course on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (UHPED), in English together with the University of Oslo, that meets this requirement.
• Proficiency in oral and written English is required. Applicants who do not have adequate proficiency in a Scandinavian language, must acquire Norwegian skills corresponding to at least level B2 within three years of commencement.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
The following will be an advantage:
• Research and development work relevant to the position. Emphasis will be placed on scientific production from the last six years. Leaves of absence that are required by law are not included.
• Experience with research networks and externally funded projects
• Potential for project acquisition
• Knowledge of and/or experience with technology-enhanced learning, primarily focused on teacher education and/or school
• Teaching and supervision experience from Bachelor, Master and PhD degree levels
• Teaching skills
• Capability in communicating and cooperating with students and colleagues
• Personal qualities that contribute positively to the working environment
Personal qualities necessary for the position:
• Ability to collaborate and build relationships internally, nationally and internationally
• Ability to be proactive and flexible
• Ability to inspire students and colleagues through academic engagement
• Ability to work independently
OsloMet evaluates teaching qualifications in conjunction with interviews.
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
Applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. By the application deadline, please upload the following documents together with your application:
• CV, references and all pages of your certificates/diplomas
• A list of scientific publications
• Up to 10 scientific publications, including your PhD thesis
You must upload all the documents in order for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet checks documents in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition.
If there are no applicants with professor-level competence, then OsloMet may elect to make a temporary appointment in a position as Professor, with requirement for qualification for a permanent position within three years.
• An exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest and most urban university
• Participation in a dynamic professional environment and unique academic community
• Participation in research groups
• Opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
• Interaction with a diverse student group
• Loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
• Beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
• Free Norwegian language classes to employees and their partners
• Relocation support, cultural courses and on-boarding services
• Working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Norwegian State salary scale as Professor, position code 1013. The salary is NOK from 704 900,- to 906 000,- per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well qualified applicants.
For more information about the position, feel free to contact:
• Head of studies, Steinar Brattenborg, +47 67 23 73 10, e-mail: email@example.com
• Head of department, Vibeke Bjarnø, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for the position, please do so via our application portal.Läs mer
|Titel||Professor in Technology-Enhanced Learning|
|Employer||OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University|
|Job location||Pilestredet 46, 0130 Oslo|
|Publicerad||november 12, 2019|
|Sista ansökningsdatum||december 9, 2019|
|Ämnen||Kommunikationsteknik,   E-utbildning,   Vidareutbildning (efter obligatorisk utbildning),   Högskoleutbildning,   Lärarutbildning,   Telekommunikationsteknik,   Pedagogik inom teknik  |