HyperSIGHT project (code: R18SF4YHHS – CUP: D44I19005430001)
The Department of Mechanics of Politecnico di Milano funds a postdoctoral research fellowship on image processing and data science, in the framework of the project HyperSIGHT (code: R18SF4YHHS – CUP: D44I19005430001).
The successful candidate will work on the development of the real-time classification and monitoring and prediction of physiological, mechanical and thermal phenomena based on spectral imaging.
Detailed information are available at this link https://www.mecc.polimi.it/us/work-with-us/research-fellowship/.
The candidate will join the multidisciplinary research group of the LAMBDA Lab (Laboratory of Measurements for Biomedical Applications) lead by prof. Paola Saccomandi and supported by the ERC Starting Grant project LASER OPTIMAL. The team is working on the design of a patient-specific platform, useful to plan the treatment and to monitor the laser ablation evolution in real-time, in conjunction with the injection of nanoparticles, used to enhance the selectivity of the treatment.
The Lab is part of the research unit “Mechanical and Thermal Measurements” at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of Politecnico di Milano (PoliMi). PoliMi is one the most outstanding technical universities in Europe, and the largest Italian university in Engineering, Architecture. It provides excellent research conditions, in a quiet environment inside the active Milan region: in the QS ranking by subject PoliMi is the first Italian University in several research areas (Including Mechanical Engineering), among the best European Universities in Europe and in the world. The postdoctoral researcher will have access to funding for travels and conferences.
• PhD and Master Degree in at least one of the following subjects: Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Automation Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Biomedical Engineering.
• Applicants need to demonstrate interest and proficiency in programming ability, in particular python or other languages (e.g., C++/OpenCV)
• Expertise in the field of computer vision, deep learning and machine learning is desirable
• Acquired experience in image processing is considered a plus
• Working knowledge of Matlab is desirable but not mandatory
• Demonstrated record of relevant experience as evidenced by the track-record and publications
• The candidate should be able to work both independently and interactively in a team setting and possess a noticeable enthusiasm for research
• Fluid in spoken and written English
While the above-mentioned experience will be an asset for obtaining the position, candidates that lack specific experience but make up for it with exceptional experimental abilities and motivation towards the work are also encouraged to apply.
Funded through the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
Annual salary: gross amount 23.240,00 €
Contract: 1 year (renewable)
Preliminary queries must be directed to Project PI: prof. Paola Saccomandi at email@example.com including motivation letter and complete scientific CV before August 20, 2020.
The actual selection process will be performed via call for application. The call and relevant attachment and information will be available at this link https://www.mecc.polimi.it/us/work-with-us/research-fellowship/.
Expected start of activities: 16st July 2020Läs mer
|Titel||Research Fellowship on Hyperspectral Imagery Algorithms for the Processing of Multimodal Data: Application in Thermal Monitoring|
|Employer||Politecnico di Milano|
|Job location||Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 20133 Milano|
|Publicerad||juni 24, 2020|
|Sista ansökningsdatum||augusti 20, 2020|
|Befattningar||Postdoktor,   Forskare  |
|Ämnen||Informatik,   Algoritmer,   Biomedicinsk teknik,   Kemiteknik,   Kontrollsystemteknik,   Elektroteknik,   Maskinteknik,   Maskininlärning,   Datorseende,    and 2 more. Elektronik,   Bildbehandling  |