The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) active in the fields of natural and built environment, economics, technological innovation, applied art, social work and healthcare, learning and education at the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI) in Manno, in particular the Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA), has opened ten full time (100%) positions for postdoc Researchers in the area of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
- Basic research, aimed at publications in top journals and conferences.
- Applied research: collaboration with companies in innovative projects.
- Acquisition of funds regarding both basic and applied research.
- For seniors only: responsibility of a research group.
- The main research areas relevant to these positions involve probabilistic machine learning, Bayesian statistics, (Bayesian) optimization, time series analysis, probabilistic programming, graphical models/causal inference, probabilistic deep learning and natural language processing/understanding (NLP/U)
- Master and PhD degrees in engineering, physics, statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative areas.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Excellent publication track (relative to the age/experience) in top journals and conferences of the related field.
- Excellent programming skills and proficiency with state-of-the-art libraries for machine learning and related areas.
- Good knowledge of Matlab and Python.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in working in European and industrial projects.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian.
- For senior researchers: a permanent contract.
- For junior researchers: a fixed-term contract for two years, with possibility of prolongation.
- An international working environment.
- Collaboration with a strong team of researchers in machine learning, statistics, control and NLP/U (http://ipg.idsia.ch).
- Development of your own professional skills and career progression.
- Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards.
The requirements for this function are published within the "Direttive interne SUPSI" (direttiva 7a) and within "Regolamento del personale SUPSI" on the website www.supsi.ch (follow SUPSI, Documenti ufficiali): http://www.supsi.ch/home/supsi/documenti-ufficiali.html
For further information, please contact:
Applicants should submit the following documents, written in English.
- Curriculum vitae with publication list and possibly link to the thesis.
· List of exams and their grades obtained during the Bachelor and the Master of Science.
· List of three references (with e-mail addresses).
- Motivation letter, including a brief description of past research experience and future interests (1-2 pages).
Applications will be considered only if submitted electronically within June 30th, 2019 through the appropriate form: http://www.supsi.ch/home/supsi/lavora-con-noi/2019-06-30-bando586.html
Applications will be collected and evaluated on a monthly basis starting from January 31st, 2019.
The applications will be closed when all positions are completed.
Applications which are incomplete or sent after the deadline will not be considered.