The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) offers at the Department of Business Economics, Health and Social Care (DEASS) a position of Professor in Labour Transformations and Social Innovation at the Competence Centre for Labour, Welfare and Social Research (LWS).
The Competence Centre for Labour, Welfare and Social Research carries out research activities with a strong anchorage to the institutions of the territory, a careful look at what is happening on a national and international scale and a multidisciplinary approach developed around the area of social sciences, with a predominantly socio-economic and socio-educational perspective. The LWS's research activity focuses on the following areas: the world of labour and its transformations, welfare models and public policies, migrations, forms of belonging and citizenship, ways of learning and social participation, socio-educational intervention in the various specific areas of social work and its changes.
Starting date: 1.4.2020 or by agreement
Employment rate: 80%-100%.
Tasks and responsibilities
Research and services
- Exercise a scientific seniority in these thematic areas, conducting research projects and realizing publications pertaining to the subject.
- Obtain and coordinate applied research and service mandates of departmental and interdepartmental significance.
- Carry out teaching activities by giving a significant contribution to university education at Bachelor and Master level as well as to continuing education.
- Participate actively and collegially to the work process that sets the educational offer of the Department.
- Take on the direction of a project team.
- Supervise the financial aspects of the projects.
- Contribute to the development of the interdisciplinary activities of the LWS, in synergy with the colleagues.
- In his/her own activity range, promote cooperation and internal and external relationships with the stakeholders, by maintaining solid links with regional institutions and organizations.
Skills profile, necessary requirements
- PhD in economics, political sciences, sociology or related field
- Proven experience in applied research in a University or University of Applied Sciences, certified by the acquisition of projects and their supervision, by the affiliation to the scientific community of reference on a national and international level and by a relevant scientific production on items of interest for this position.
- Significant and recognized experience in university teaching.
- In his/her professional career, have contributed to the growth of the institution he/she belongs to.
- Knowledge of the Swiss university system and of the socio-economic fabric in Ticino (preferential criterion).
- Linguistic portfolio: knowledge of at least one national language, in addition to Italian and English.
- Teaching qualification (or willingness to obtain the qualification within 4 years after nomination).
- An academic position in a University of Applied Sciences recognized at national level.
- A stimulating teaching and applied research activity with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, in an innovative and dynamic environment.
- A team of motivated colleagues with great experience and competence.
The requirements for this function are published within the "Direttive interne SUPSI" (direttiva 7A) and within "Regolamento del personale SUPSI" on this website (available only in Italian) www.supsi.ch (follow the links to SUPSI, Documenti ufficiali).
We will only consider applications submitted latest by 15.11.2019 by using the specific application form accompanied by:
- Motivation letter in Italian.
- Complete curriculum vitae et studiorum.
- List of scientific publications and a copy of the 5 most significant publications.
- Degrees and work certificates.
- Distinctions, awards and mention of the most significant results obtained during one’s own professional career (if not included in the cv).
- At least two recent reference letters that prove the professional, scientific and teaching quality.
- Presentation of the teaching activities carried out at university level with pertaining evaluations.
- Presentation of the activities carried out in research projects.
- A criminal record with a 6-month validity must be provided. Taking into account the time necessary for the issuing of this document by the competent office, it will be sufficient to enclose with the application a copy of the request accompanied by a self-declaration and send the original document (to firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible, or, at the latest, during the first selection interview. For Swiss citizens and Swiss residents, the court records can be requested at the Federal Office of Justice in Bern, www.casellario.admin.ch.
Additional information can be requested to the Director of DEASS, Prof. Luca Crivelli (email: luca.crivelli@supsi,ch; phone secretariat: +41 58 666 64 68).
Incomplete applications or applications sent to other addresses or later than the established deadline will not be accepted.