Sweden is a favourite destination for academics. Here's a breakdown of the most common Swedish academic jobs and their salaries.
We hereby announce that one postdoctoral scholarship is available at the Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg.
Project: Identification of functional roles of protein aggregates and stress granules in aging
Dnr: E 2018/168
Scholarship period: The scholarship covers a period of 24 months.
Preliminary start date: 2018-10-15
Supervisor/contact person: Beidong Liu, 031-7862584, e-mail: email@example.com
* To be eligible for a post-doc scholarship at the recipient must hold a PhD degree or equivalent education experience within a relevant field. The applicant must not have been employed at University of Gothenburg in the past two years.
* Experience and knowledge required:
Plasmid extraction, transformation; mRNA extraction, primer designing, and real-time polymerase chain reaction; Purification of recombinant protein; Western blotting; Immuno-fluorescence staining; Microscopy imaging; Cell culture. Education and work experience in Microbiology is a merit.
Written application, including reference number, is to be sent via e-mail to the supervisor and must include the following:
* Personal letter stating the reasons why the study suits the applicant (maximum one page)
* List of publications
* References (2)
Application deadline: 2018-10-05
Information regarding scholarships:
* Scholarships do not give rise to sickness benefits, compensation from the Social Insurance Office or retirement pension.
* The scholarship sum is paid out quarterly
* Scholarships are tax-exempt
* A scholarship holder cannot be hired after the scholarship period due to tax reasons.
Twitter has a lot of value for academics as a professional social network and news service. 1 in 40 scholars in the US and UK use Twitter and that number continues to grow. If you’re not already on Twitter here’s how to use it to share your research, connect with your peers,...