The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is inviting applications for one positions as
Experienced Administrative Assistant (m/f)
- Permanent contract, full time
- Employee status
to join the team of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT). SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research and innovations in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. SnT is active in several international research projects funded by the Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR), Horizon 2020 programme, the European Space Agency and the European Defense Agency. SnT has developed a broad and effective partnership program, currently made of more than 40 industrial and institutional partners located in Luxembourg and in Europe. For further information, please see: www.securityandtrust.lu. SnT is reinforcing its support functions to research groups and is looking for one (1) reliable and flexible assistant to support a Research group, as well as the local HR office in SnT.
Within the current SnT administrative team, provide assistance and support to research groups within SnT, such as
- Administrative tasks for the research groups and/or for the Centre (e.g. Check and validate declaration of expenses, follow up invoices, purchase orders, travel requests, registration payments e.t.c.)
- Contact with central services of the University (e.g. Finance and Accounting, IT, Infrastructures and Logistics)
- Organise meetings and events for research-group related activities.
- Organise the administration around PhD and MSc candidates (set-up of thesis monitoring committee, organize the necessary meetings, follow-up of relevant reports and minutes, administrative organization thesis defense, in coordination with the Student department).
- Produce accurate and timely correspondence, reports and presentations, as necessary
- Coordinate with SnT administrative team for office material
- Maintain complete and efficient records
- Assist the local HR office with ad hoc requests and activities (e.g. update of Headcount, hiring and onboarding process, follow-up of postings)
- Degree in Higher Education or high school degree and equivalent experience
- Fluency in English. French, German and /or Luxembourgish would be considered as an asset.
- Sufficient experience in other comparable positions required, details should be given.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Reliable, intuitive and proactive.
- Flexible, creative and “can do“ attitude.
- Able to work under pressure and set priorities.
- Service-oriented with high team spirit, able to work autonomously.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
The role provides the opportunity to be part of an international environment in a young, growing team.
Please apply online in English and submit a CV with a motivation letter. Deadline for applications: 10 March 2019
Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.