The University of Luxembourg invites applications for a
Research scientist position in High Performance Computing (M/F) in the HPC service of the University of Luxembourg (https://hpc.uni.lu).
- Ref: AC-50011639
- Permanent contract(CDI)
- Start: Feb 15, 2019.
The candidate will be in charge of analysing user needs, and tailoring solutions matching those needs. In the era of modular HPC, specific solutions binding dedicated hardware/software will respond to the user specific needs. The HPC Solution architect will report to Professor Pascal Bouvry, head of the HPC service. (S)he will develop custom hardware/software solutions to support the operation of the HPC users. He/she will act as a research engineer on specific research projects
- Lead the requirement gathering, the architecture and design of original solutions
- Perform implementation and testing work to assess the quality of the results
- Dispatch work to technicians and coordinate their work
- Ensure the work quality and meet deadline
- Deploy new tools and research facilitie
- Manage and maintain research infrastructures
- Perform research and development missions
- PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in solution design, programming and systems development
- Solid understanding of networked computing environment concepts, system administration “best practices” as part of all actions
- Good knowledge and experience of extreme programming (e.g. MPI, CUDA, energy-efficiency, FPGA)
- Experience with algorithm, computational methodologies and software development in the field of computational science. Knowledge of machine learning, AI is desirable
- Be fluent in English and at least one of French or German. Knowledge of additional languages is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Research experience is a plus.
- You will work in a stimulating international and interdisciplinary environment.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Please prepare the following documents in English :
- send a detailed CV (contact address, studies with grades, work experience, publication list)
- a list of 3 referees
- a motivation letter,
Applications are processed until the vacancy is filled. Please apply ONLINE by February 15th, 2019.
Early submission is encouraged ; applications will be processed upon arrival. Applications sent by e-mail will not be considered.